Setting the table of Haftsin in Iran is a common tradition. Haftsin table includes seven items starting with the letter of 'S' or Sin in the Persian language. Each element has unique symbolic significance which we briefly explain below:
1. Serkeh (Vinegar) symbolizes patience and immortality
2. Sumac is a symbol of love and compassion.
3. Seeb (Apple) is said to represent health and fertility.
4. Senjed (Silverberry) is seen as a simulator of love and affection.
5. Sabzeh (Sprouts) symbolizes rebirth.
6. Sir (Garlic) is a symbol of protection in the face of affliction.
7. Samanu is a nutritious pudding which comes in only one color: brown. To make Samanu, wheat sprouts are transformed into a sweet and creamy delight. The seventh “Seen” represents affluence.
Side elements used to adorn the setting include mirrors, candles, colored eggs, hyacinths, coins, and goldfish. As every single item symbolizes something, can you make a guess about the meaning of these things?
|7 Sin Table in Iran|
Post a Comment