Weather in February
- February is the best time for visiting southern provinces like Khuzestan which are warm about 23°-25°C with nice rain once in a while and no humidity.
- Eastern and desert cities of Iran with average temperature about 17°C, have warm days and cold nights due to lack of sufficient rain but they can be good destinations because of the pleasant sunlight during day time.
- February is known as the peak of cold season in northern and western cities, which are covered in white with a temperature reaching -10°C and you may hear in the news that roads to these cities have been closed because of the heavy snow.
- Central cities also have a cold weather about 8°-10°C during rainy days and about 12°C on sunny days.
Experiencing spring weather in the middle of winter in southern areas, enjoying the nice light snows that create attractive landscapes in Iran’s central cities and also nice roads of west through the mountains, covered in snow will make a varied and exciting tour on February.
What to pack?
- For visiting southern cities you need a light jacket, sunglasses, sun screen and cap on sunny days and an overcoat during night time will be fine.
- For other areas, warm coats, boots and shawls are necessary in February.
Some suggestions on your February tour to Iran
- Visiting Khuzestan, home to one of the world’s oldest civilizations (Elam) is highly recommended in February’s fresh and cool weather. The enormous Choqazanbil temple built about 3000 years ago for worshiping Elam’s god (Inshoushinak) and Shoushtar’s historical hydraulic system dating back to King Darius era(500 B.C.), which is a masterpiece of creativity in optimizing water and “Shoush” (Susa), an ancient city, are three historical heritages in Iran, inscribed in (UNESCO)’s list that you can visit in Khuzestan.
- Bushehr and Bandar-Abbas are other southern cities of Iran, recommended to be visited. Visiting Bushehr and Bandar-Abbas is all about beautiful beaches, very warm hearted people, delicious and spicy seafood and exciting southern music, that men play during night on the beach while some others may start dancing or clapping to the music.
- Sistan-va-Baluchistan has weird tourism attractions although it is not a common destination. You can visit “Shahr-e-Soukhteh” (the burnt city) near Zabol, which dates back to 6000 years ago! “Shahr-e-soukhteh” is a world heritage inscribed in UNESCO’s list. Or you can visit Chabahar seaport’s attractions like mangrove forest with its unique seabird species like flamingo, eagle, heron and etc., or Martian mounts which are extremely beautiful, indicating a weird geometrical phenomenon.
Events or Festivals
1-11th of February are Iran’s national ceremony days for the victorious revolution in 1979. During this month a great international art festival named “Fajr”, is held in Tehran and some other cities. This festival includes film, music, theatre and visual arts competitions and you can get familiar with Iran’s contemporary art in different branches.
|Iran in February|